Write 15-20 lines about Noida Twin Towers Demolition in 250 words. Write an essay on Twin Towers
Noida Twin Tower Demolition Facts
- It is the most extensive demolition of a structure in India so far through the implosion technique.
- The towers were almost 102 meters in height and taller than the iconic Qutub Minar.
- These were illegally built by a private builder Supertech.
- The Twin Towers were built in a multi-storey Housing Society called Emerald Court.
- This project started in 2004 – 2005.
- Initially, it was shown as a project of 14 buildings, having 9 floors each.
- Later on, changes were made to the plan many times.
- In March 2012, two buildings of 40 floors each were finalised and named Ceyane and Apex.
- The nearby residents raised their voices to Noida Authority to cancel the construction but in vain.
- Then, the residents appealed to Allahabad High Court to seek the towers’ demolition.
- In April 2014 the high court ordered the demolition of the Noida Twin Towers.
- Supertech challenged the high court’s verdict in the Supreme Court of India.
- After many hearings, the Supreme Court ordered the demolition in 2021 calling it an illegal construction.
- Finally, Noida Twin Towers were demolished by Edifice Engineering, a Mumbai-based firm on 28 August 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
- The nearby residents were elated at the victory of truth over the towers of lies and clapped as the buildings collapsed.
5 Extra Lines –
- This demolition cost around 17 crore rupees and approximately 3700 kg of explosives was used to demolish the twin towers.
- At Noida’s sector 93A, a mountain of rubble (approx. 80000 tonnes) stood up after the towers collapsed.
- Many officials were found to be responsible for this illegal construction and have been suspended.
- The Supreme Court of India has given a historic verdict that will put a check on the construction mafia.
- The victory of truth boosts the confidence of the citizens of a country.
Hindi explanation in the video –