( on 19 March, 2020) regarding the worldwide calamity, ‘Corona Virus’ for your school magazine.
CONTENT ( minimum three paragraphs). Word limit- 150( approximately)
Answer to the Above Question (Article Writing)
PM Modi on Covid-19
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the nation on the outbreak of novel coronavirus, a deadly virus that has claimed over 9,000 lives across the globe. He urged 130 crore Indians to keep themselves safe from corona virus by adopting social distancing and isolation . ” People should do work from home and senior citizens must not step out of house for 2-3 weeks” said Narendra Modi.
He coined the idea of ‘Janta Curfew’. During the janta curfew on 22nd March 2020, people are advised to avoid public places and stay indoors for 14 hours, that is, from 7 am to 9 pm. He appealed the countrymen to appreciate doctors, media people and those working in essential services by standing in their doorways and clapping and ringing their bells at 5 pm on coming sunday, i.e. 22nd March.
He addressed the economically comfortable people of society and directed them not to cut salary of their employees and domestic helpers.
‘As they also need money to keep their families safe and buy medicine and food’, the PM said.
Highlights of PM Narendra Modi’s Address to the nation on Covid-19
- Keep yourself healthy, world will be healthy
- .Follow Social Distancing.
- Do not step out of home until and unless urgent.
- Senior citizens,need to stay indoor.
- Follow Janata Curfew on Sunday, 22nd March, 7am to 9pm.
- To thank all Volunteers/doctors/media staff etc. working for Covid-19 on Sunday at 5pm by clapping and thali bajana.
- Do not deduct salary of employees for being absent during these days.
- Do not unnecessarily hoard essential commodities.
- Janta Curfew for 14 hours