How would you write the Similarities in the Art and Culture of Sikkim and Delhi in an essay of about 300 words? For this, you must know the culture of Delhi and Sikkim beforehand. Let’s do a comparison between Delhi and Sikkim in today’s article. This content can be used to write for your Delhi Sikkim project or Delhi and Sikkim comparison.
Similarities Between Delhi and Sikkim Culture- ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ programme
India is a land of unity in diversity. India is a unique nation in terms of its diverse linguistic, religious, cultural, and social thtreads which are tightly held together in a national identity. We are forgetting this brotherhood due to our diverted focus. It is a feeling that has to be nourished and cherished.
To fulfil this need Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme has been launched by the central government for a cultural exchange programme between different states and/or union territories. National Capital Delhi has been paired with Sikkim under Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat programme.
The states carry out activities to promote a sustained and structured cultural connect in the areas of language learning, culture, traditions & music, tourism & cuisine, sports and sharing of best practices, etc.
Selected students and teachers of both states visit each other under the programme. Cultural exchanges take place from time to time in Sikkim and Delhi with food festivals and dance festivals. With people to people contact, the Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat initiative has strengthened the bond of oneness between Delhi and Sikkim. That’s why we are studying similarities between Delhi and Sikkim in art and culture.
Let’s try to establish some more similarities between Sikkim and Delhi
|1.Celebration||famous for celebrating every festival and occasion||love to celebrate on the occasion of the new year|
|2.Dance||Delhi has adopted many dance styles from its neighbouring states||Maruni, Tamamg Selo, Tashi sabdo, Dhamphu, Kagyed etc|
|3.Hospitality||Guests are considered equal to God and served accordingly||offer ‘chang’ – a preparation from fermented millet to guests|
Art and Culture of Delhi
- Delhi is the traditional and present-day capital of India.
- Delhi is bounded by four states namely Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab that have a strong influence on the lifestyle of Delhi.
- People from all parts of the country live here.
- All major festivals of India are celebrated here- Holi, Diwali, Id, Guru Purab, Buddha Purnima or Christmas.
- Delhi is an educational hub for students all over the world.
- Chhole bhature, pav bhaji, aloo puri, purani dilli ke paranthe and gol gappe are some of the popular street food of Delhi.
Art and Culture of Sikkim
- The people of Sikkim are known as Lepchas, Bhutias and Nepalese.
- They follow Buddhism and Christianity.
- They worship spirits of mountains, rivers and forests.
- The Nepali language is spoken and understood all over the state. This language is similar to Hindi and uses the Devanagari script.
- The traditional male Nepali dress consists of long double breast garment flowing below the waist and a trouser known as “Daura Suruwal”.
- The female dress consists of a double-breasted garment with strings to tie on both the sides at four places, which is shorter than the Daura and is known as “Chow Bandi Choli”.
- Sikkim tea, chhurpi soup, bamboo shoot curry, thukpa, momos, kodo ki roti and kinema curry are some of the famous dishes of Sikkim.
Conclusion: Cultural Exchange between Delhi and Sikkim
Technology has brought people closer. In this era, it is important to establish cultural exchanges between people of different regions. Mutual understanding and trust are the foundations of India’s strength and all citizens should feel culturally integrated into all corners of India. Students from the northeast, for example, should not feel like ‘strangers in a strange land’ when they arrive in Delhi, or a person from Uttarakhand should not feel like an outsider in Kerala.
We hope that ‘similarities between Sikkim and Delhi essay’ helped you in your ‘Delhi and Sikkim’ school project.
CBSE Question Bank 2021 Answer Key for Class 10 English
FREE Educart Sample Paper Class 10 English
ई-कचरा पर निबंध | Essay on E-Waste in Hindi
ऑनलाइन शिक्षा पर मेरे विचार पर निबंध
Speech on Nature and Lockdown
Speech for CR | Why You Want to be a Class Representative
My First Online Class Experience Essay