What is Aatmnirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Essay, Self Reliant India Essay
This essay on aatmnirbhar bharat abhiyan is very important for students. Indian govt. had organised an Essay Competition on the theme of Aatm nirbhar bharat essay in August 2020 to promote this campaign. You must learn this essay on self reliant India campaign by heart.
Self Reliant India campaign was initiated by the Prime Minister of India Mr Narendra Modi on May 12, 2020. He called it Aatmnirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. This campaign was started with the view to reduce dependency for goods and services on other countries. Through the campaign, the government wants to reduce the import of the country. This campaign focuses on manufacturing everything from a needle to helicopter in the country itself with our own resources.
At a time when the world is suffering from a deadly pandemic, India plans to convert this crisis into an opportunity and strengthen its fight by becoming Aatmanirbhar or self-reliant.
Five pillars of Aatmanirbhar Bharat –
Economy– This campaign will try to bring a quantum jump (big jump), rather than incremental change.
Infrastructure-The Government of India will reform the necessary investments in basic infrastructure so that indigenous goods can compete with the products coming from other countries.
System-In the coming time, online service (e-governance) will be promoted. India needs a technology driven system for development in the 21st century. So that transparency in official work is increased and people can have confidence in government.
Vibrant Demography – People in the age group of 18 to 35 are the maximum in the population of India. That is why they have been called Vibrant Demography. We have huge reserves of youth power. To convert the population problem into a profitable resource, we have to give more and more work to the people. They can get employment only if we use locally manufactured goods. Promote Made in India and Make in India and export India made goods to other countries.
Demand- There is no shortage of demand for goods in India having a population of 137 crores. We have to use this huge demand to increase sales of goods manufactured in our country. We have to strengthen our supply chain.
20 lakh Crore Package for Self Reliant India Campaign
Self-reliant India campaign stresses the fact that it is time to become vocal for our local products and make them global. Under this campaign, a special economic package has been released by the government, which will benefit various segments in the following ways:
- One crore 70 lakh rupees will be given to the poor under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Insurance cover – health workers and police corona commandos fighting for this country with this coronavirus are given special benefits. Under this scheme, if a health worker dies during a fight with this coronavirus, then Rs 50 lakh will be given to the family of that health worker.
- Under the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme, workers can take their share of grain from the ration depot wherever they are in any corner of the country. This benefit will be available to all the migrant workers who go to other states for employment.
- A provision of Rs 3500 crore has been made for eight crore migrant labourers.
- Continue reading Aatmnirbhar Bharat Abhiyan essay in English
- Free food grains will also be given to all the migrant labourers who do not have ration cards.
- Eight crore poor families living below the poverty line who are using gas cylinders under the Ujjwala scheme will be given gas cylinders for free for the next 3 months.
- 20 crore women have Jan Dhan account, they will be given ₹ 500 per month for the next 3 months.
- The wages of MNREGA workers have been increased from Rs 182 per day to Rs 202 per day.
- Residents and street workers will be able to get a loan of up to 10 thousand rupees. Announcement of the cooperation amount of five thousand crore rupees.
Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Ms Nirmala Sitharaman made all the announcements related to various sectors on different days, split under five tranches and giving detailed information about the steps being carried out by the government to achieve self-reliance for India.
Conclusion: Self Reliant India Essay
The economic package is about 10 per cent of India’s GDP. It is expected to provide support and strength to various sections of the country. In order to prove the determination of a self-reliant India, Land, Labour, Liquidity and Laws have all been emphasized in this package.